You might want to convert your videos taken from your camcorder for home viewing via DVD player or to view them by your iPod or cellphone. In any case, the question you could possibly think of is, "What video converter should I choose?" There are an overwhelming number of video converters out in the World Wide Web varying from the free download to the paid ones. You can choose one of the free but rather limited video converters which are readily downloadable from different websites; or buy a converter that promises you upgrades, superb speed and a feature-filled capabilities.
One of the common converters you want to search is mp4 to avi converter. Audio Video Interleave or .avi files has the ability to deliver high quality videos and audio. It also has multiple operating system compatibility so playing the video back on Mac, Windows or Linux will not be a problem.
Choosing The Software
There are a handful mp4 to avi converter you can choose from. But, of course, what you want is not just a good performance but also a satisfactory companion. To help you decide which converter to choose, below are qualities you want to confirm first before hitting the download button.
- Easy to use and intuitive software. If you don't have all the time in the world figuring out what the buttons are for, you should look for a converter with simplicity in usage.
- Able to convert at a competitive speed. You definitely don't want your Avatar movie to take forever to convert or your friends to leave you because the video you want them to watch is still converting. Such experiences can be avoided if the converter can deliver fast performance.
- Good feedbacks from other users or websites. It is your assignment as a consumer to research on what people, who already used the software, has to say. Of course, if they are pleased with the mp4 to avi converter, then that is a go signal for you to try. If they report that it has virus included or crashes everytime, do the otherwise.
- Reasonable low price or better yet, free. It is very unwise to buy a video converter that cost more than what you are just willing to pay for. If you need those extra features, buy the paid ones with excellent reputation among tech websites; or if all you need is the basic converter, you can find a some free software that is worth downloading.
- Ability to have other video format option. This is only optional for your mp4 converter but it will be very handy if the software you chose to use covers this feature.
There is simply no perfect converter software yet - or may be there won't exist any. What is important though is you get what you need or what you paid for. Just always remember to be wise in the choosing stage as it will be very crucial in improving your computer age life. Now, it all depends to you what software you are going to give that precious download button a click.